There are currently no posted openings.
For open positions outside of Arizona, please visit the IACA Job Listings.
Volunteer Opportunities:Each agency is different and while some may encourage volunteers, other may not be allowed to hire a volunteer. Please check with each agency individually. For a list of current member agencies, click here.
Phoenix Police Department Contact Rene Brugman Rene.Brugman@phoenix.gov
Scottsdale Police Department Contact the Crime Analysis Unit CAU@ScottsdaleAZ.gov
Crime Analyst Skills:While every agency utilizes their analysts in different ways, and therefore, will request a different skill set, there are certain skills that every analyst should possess. A good analyst will have:
- A solid understanding of criminal behavior
- Through knowledge of the analyst’s particular jurisdiction
- Knowledge of research methods
- Ability to collect, manage, collate, and query data
- Ability to understand and synthesize crime information
- Critical thinking skills
- Ability to calculate descriptive, inferential, and multivariate statistics, and to create meaningful charts and graphs based on those statistics
- Understanding of demographic analysis
- Strong writing skills
- Strong computer skills, including databases, desktop publishing and word processing, spreadsheets, and statistical packages
- Ability to use a Geographic Information System (GIS) and a thorough understanding of spatial analysis and spatial statistics
- Presentation skills
- Interpersonal communications skills