If there are openings for a crime analysis related job in your agency, please send the information to email@example.com to have it posted here.
The city of Chandler is currently hiring for two full time positions:
- Police Crime Analysis Supervisor
- Police Crime & Intelligence Analyst
Applications must be submitted online by 8/19/19. For details and to apply, visit https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/chandleraz.
For open positions outside of Arizona, please visit the IACA Job Listings.
Each agency is different and while some may encourage volunteers, other may not be allowed to hire a volunteer. Please check with each agency individually. For a list of current member agencies, click here.
Phoenix Police Department
Contact Rene Brugman
Scottsdale Police Department
Contact the Crime Analysis Unit
Maricopa County Attorney's Office
The Crime Analysis Internship in Intelligence-Focused Prosecution at the Maricopa County Attorney’s Office is a first-of-its-kind program in Arizona and one of the only crime analysis internships at a prosecutor’s office in the country. As the 4th largest prosecutor’s office in the United States, interns will impact crime rates and work to ensure justice for all. MCAO Crime Strategies hopes to train the next generation of Crime Analysts for a rewarding career in criminal justice.
Crime Analyst Skills:
While every agency utilizes their analysts in different ways, and therefore, will request a different skill set, there are certain skills that every analyst should possess. A good analyst will have:
- A solid understanding of criminal behavior
- Through knowledge of the analyst’s particular jurisdiction
- Knowledge of research methods
- Ability to collect, manage, collate, and query data
- Ability to understand and synthesize crime information
- Critical thinking skills
- Ability to calculate descriptive, inferential, and multivariate statistics, and to create meaningful charts and graphs based on those statistics
- Understanding of demographic analysis
- Strong writing skills
- Strong computer skills, including databases, desktop publishing and word processing, spreadsheets, and statistical packages
- Ability to use a Geographic Information System (GIS) and a thorough understanding of spatial analysis and spatial statistics
- Presentation skills
- Interpersonal communications skills