If there are openings for a crime analysis related job in your agency, please send the information to firstname.lastname@example.org to have it posted here.
There are currently no posted openings.
For open positions outside of Arizona, please visit the IACA Resource Center.
Each agency is different and while some may encourage volunteers, other may not be allowed to hire a volunteer. Please check with each agency individually. For a list of current member agencies, click here.
Phoenix Police Department
Contact Rene Brugman
Scottsdale Police Department
Contact the Crime Analysis Unit
Job Descriptions/Required Skills:
While every agency utilizes their analysts in different ways, and therefore, will request a different skill set, there are certain skills that every analyst should possess.
A good analyst will have:
- A solid understanding of criminal behavior
- Through knowledge of the analyst’s particular jurisdiction
- Knowledge of research methods
- Ability to collect, manage, collate, and query data
- Ability to understand and synthesize crime information
- Critical thinking skills
- Ability to calculate descriptive, inferential, and multivariate statistics, and to create meaningful charts and graphs based on those statistics
- Understanding of demographic analysis
- Strong writing skills
- Strong computer skills, including databases, desktop publishing and word processing, spreadsheets, and statistical packages
- Ability to use a Geographic Information System (GIS) and a thorough understanding of spatial analysis and spatial statistics
- Presentation skills
- Interpersonal communications skills