March 28 @ 9:00 am - 3:00 pmFree
The Arizona Demand Reduction Alliance (ADRA) is bringing together drug prevention, law enforcement and the public to address the urgent need to work with communities, the public, and law enforcement on educating communities and parents about the health and societal costs and consequences of substance abuse. The Stronger Together learning collaborative employs substance abuse prevention practices that are evidence-informed and results-driven. The collaborative involves making positive systematic progress; learning from theory about what works, implementing those practices in a comprehensive manner and resolving local substance abuse problems.
Agenda items for this training include:
- The Single Biggest Drug Threat to Our Children and What We do About it
- The Meth of Marijuana – What it is and why it’s so dangerous
- Arizona Youth Drug Trends 2018 – County by county analysis of what 8th, 10th and 12th graders are using, why and how often
- The Vaping Epidemic and Resources to Help Combat this Major Problem
- Operation Prevention – New materials to educate our youth, community and parents on opioids
Who Should Attend: School Resource Officers, those involved with Community Policing, anyone in Law Enforcement who comes into contact with the public on issues regarding safety or public health.
When: March 28, 2019
9 AM to 3 PM
Where: AZHIDTA Training Center
5350 N 48th St, Ste 105
Chandler, AZ 85226
For more information, click here.
To register: visit www.azhidta.org – Click Training – View Training Calendar – Locate the event and Apply for Training.